Bulk SMS Service
Bulk messaging is the dissemination of large numbers of SMS messages for delivery to mobile phone terminals. It is used by media companies, enterprises, banks (for marketing and fraud control) and consumer brands for a variety of purposes including entertainment, enterprise and mobile marketing.
Bulk SMS messaging is a legacy description for application-to-person SMS messaging services. It refers specifically to the sending of large number of SMS messages to the mobile phones of a predetermined group of recipients.
Today the application-to-person SMS messaging services have evolved to include bulk SMS messaging alongside the sending of single messages (such as one time passwords and delivery notifications), interactive messaging (such as group messaging services), and incoming number services (such as mobile marketing campaigns, voting or information lines).
A defining characteristic of bulk SMS messaging is that businesses and organizations can make use of one or more solutions to send and receive SMS messages, namely; a mobile phone application, a software program, a web interface, or integrate an SMS API with their website or system. These bulk SMS messaging solutions interface with a service providers’ SMS gateway to ensure the delivery of messages to mobile phone numbers anywhere in the world.
An SMS gateway acts as a relay between the mobile network operators and a wireless applications service provider. These SMS gateways allow for SMS traffic to distributed via a direct connection to the SMSC (Short Message Service Centre) of a mobile network operation and then onto a recipient’s mobile phone number
The uses of bulk SMS messaging is continually evolving as new business or public benefit needs are identified. From large scale businesses to small enterprises, community groups to educational institutions, bulk SMS messaging provides a cost effective solution for managing communications with small or large contact group
- Configured by default for all new accounts, promotional SMS is generally used for sending any offers or promotions to new and existing customers. Messages are sent to non-DND numbers and opt-in numbers (via my DND Manager) between 9am and 9pm only.
- Promotional SMS is used to send offers, discounts or promotions to new and existing customers. The messages may or may not be solicited by the recipients.
- Promotional messages are only delivered to non-DND numbers and opt-in numbers*
- Promotional SMS will be delivered with a random 6-digit Sender ID assigned by the telecom operator
- Transactional SMS is used to send OTPs, informational messages, booking and order alerts to your registered customers. They should not be intended for marketing.
- Transactional messages are delivered to all recipients, irrespective of their Do-Not-Disturb (DND) status
- Transactional SMS are delivered 24×7 with no time restriction
- Transactional SMS can be assigned a 6-alpha character Sender ID of your choice. It should correspond with your business or product name.
We’re Waiting To Help You
Get in touch with us today and let’s start transforming your business from the ground up.